Dual Color Chevron French Mani

Oke-doke, I admit I've been neglecting my blog just a little to catch up on some ZZZZZ's, for that I apologize dearest friends. 

  Tonight I'm going to show you my favorite style of French Manicure, the Chevron French.  A Chevron French is when you use two straight lines to create an upside down 'V' shape for your smile line.  Does that make sense? No...well, just hang tight and I'll show you.

Start out with a base coat.  I don't particularly care for using a clear base coat.  I'm not big on seeing my natural nail underneath my manicure.  So, whenever I do French Manicures, I use a color by Nina Ultra Pro called MOLTEN OPAL.  It's a sheer, pearly white.  I  really love it.


Okay, after the base coat drys, you can begin the Chevron.  You start with one color, in my case I started with the darker color first.  The great thing about this type of French is that it doesn't really require an extremely steady hand.  You simply pull the brush out of the bottle and swipe it, on a diagonal, from one edge of your nail to the middle.  (See below pic for clearer instruction, and I'm sorry about the quality, the camera is on the blink.)


After that has COMPLETELY dried, you then take a second color, in my case the lighter one, and go in the other direction.  You start at one edge of the nail and swipe the brush toward the middle.  Allow the second color to overlap the first at the center of the nail (Again, see the pic for clarification.)



Both colors are Orly.  The darker blue is Royal Navy and the lighter blue is Blue Collar. 

Sure, you can keep it the way it is, but I like to jazz it up a little.  I took a gold glitter and outlined the French.



Continuing with the glamming up, I added little aquamarine rhinestones in the very center of the 'V' shape.  Then I gave it a real good top coating...and that was it.  


There you go, a little change up from your typical pink and white French that isn't too diffcult and you can do it all by yourself. 
Thats all I've got for you guys tonight, so I'm saying peace out until next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment