Neon Checkered Nail Art

It's been a few days and I apologize friends, but I'll make up for it with a really cool lookin' nail art tutorial! I'm going to show you an easy way to make a checkered pattern on your nails, and  I'm going to use some really cool looking colors while I'm doing it!  Oke-Doke, here we go!~

1) As always start with your typical manicure basics, you know, soak your nails, clean underneath, push the cuticles back, base coat...alright I get it, I won't bore you anymore.  Now it's time for the base color.  I used 5 different neon colors (purple, pink, green, orange, and yellow).


2) Now, make sure that your base color is completely dry before attempting step 2.  Step 2 is to take a marker or drawing utensil of some sort and make checks on your nails.  I use a felt tip pen because it shows up really great, you just have to be careful not to get it on the skin. 
  I have found that for me three vertical lines, and six horizontal lines cover my nails in a nice, even grid.  After you get kinda good and gain a really steady hand, you can eliminate this step, but I find it useful.




3) The next is a really simple step, you just paint over the lines you drew with black nail polish.


4) Fill in every other box with the black nail polish.  This will complete your checkered pattern! 

Now, after you have completed the pattern, it is extremely important that you top coat it as soon as it drys.  I can't stress that enough, if you chip it once, no matter how hard you try to fix it, it won't look right.  So make sure that you TOP COAT!!!!!!

Another fun little thing that you can do is put glow in the dark polish on before making the grid, it will make you a glow in the dark checker board!  Isn't playing with nail polish fun?!?

(The colors I used were KleanColor 'Neon Purple', Heaven 'Pinky Pink', Sinful Colors 'Irish Green', Heaven 'Serenity', and Heaven 'Alluring')

1 comment:

  1. What a good idea to use a felt tip pen! Gonna give it a go x x x

    ReplyDelete