OPI Miss Universe Collection

The Miss Universe Collection by OPI is set to release to the public in August but...I was lucky enough to get my hands on a set before the official release date so that I could tell everyone about it! It's a collection of four new colors.


The first color is "Swimsuit...Nailed It!" It's a gorgeous navy blue with a metallic shine. It goes on smooth and two coat covers wonderously. The only thing that I must caution is that this is NOT the nail color to get lazy with. If you do not put a base coat on underneath it, it will stain your nails. With that said, 'Swimsuit...Nailed It!' gets a great big thumbs up from the Nail Artista!


The second color is a silver glitter named "Crown Me Already!". This silver glitter works great as a top coat but I prefer to put three coats on and wear it by itself. It's eyecatching, and glittery, and shiny...and did I mention shiny. It is comprised of little silver shiny-s and bigger hexagon shaped glitters. It's really pretty and long lasting. I didn't use a top coat (lazy me!) and it lasted without a single chip for three whole days! The only issue I have with 'Crown Me Already!' is that it is very, VERY difficult to get off. It took me well over fourty-five minutes to get it off and even at that there was still a few stuck glitters on my nails.


The third color is "Its My Year". This color is very nearly the same exact color as Serena Williams' 'Rally Pretty Pink'. The only difference is that 'Its My Year' has a tiny bit more sparkle, and a tad more gold instead of pink. This color, I did note, looks much better on my hands than the 'Rally Pretty Pink' did. It's a really pretty color though.


The final color in this collection is 'Congeniality Is My Middle Name'. Its a dark pinkish-red. It has a very old-time-silver-screen-vixen look to it. I think I may have to add it to one of my top fave red polishes. It took three coats to get the color just perfect but it is very pretty.


These four new colors from OPI really do deserve to be called the Miss Universe Collection because they are all beautiful. They are also very sturdy which is always a big plus, especially for those of us that are hard on our hands. I really do suggest that everyone look into the Miss Universe Collection in August. There is a color in the collection to suit everyone's taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment